If you have damaged, chipped teeth that dampen your confidence and stop you from smiling, then tooth bonding may just be the thing for you.
Tooth bonding is a cosmetic dental procedure that uses tooth-coloured composite resin to restore your teeth and give you back the smile you always wanted. However, before you decide to get tooth bonding procedure, let’s weigh the pros and cons.
Pros and cons of tooth bonding
The advantages of getting tooth bonding are:
- The resin can be tailored to match the colour of your adjacent teeth so the bond looks seamless
- Less amount of your tooth enamel is removed compared to veneers and crowns procedures
- The procedure is quick and painless
- The procedure is cheaper than other options
- No need for surgery and anaesthesia
Book an appointment today
Book with a local dentist that takes the time to treat you. We’re proud to represent our Caloundra & Currimundi community with affordable prices which we list online.
Give us a ring on 07 5358 0413 or book online using the button below.
Cons of tooth bonding
The disadvantages of tooth bonding are:
- The resin has a higher risk of staining compared to your natural enamel
- It can chip or break off when you use your teeth to open packages or when chewing on hard food
- You may need to have it replaced after a few years
Weighing the pros and cons of tooth bonding against other options, it’s up to you to figure out if tooth bonding is really right for you. Just remember to discuss this with your dentist. You can discuss with your dentist further if tooth bonding is really the perfect option for restoring your tooth.
Contact your Sunshine Coast dentist today to schedule a consultation.